Wednesday, September 24, 2008

InStep Safari Swivel Baby Jogger UPDATE II

Ok. Love the jogger; it's pretty great. Nice, smooth run. VERY quiet - try running with a regular stroller and see how noisy that is! It turns nicely with and without the front wheel locked and Charlotte seems to dig it. LOVE the bug net - no more mosquitos feasting upon my little one AND it catches the toys she decides to throw overboard.

A couple of things though. I took it shopping with my Mom and, overall, the experience was only ok. It does turn wonderfully it tight situations but, it is much wider than our Chicco, and I got stuck a bunch. The weight of the diaper bag (hanging from the handle bar) made it really top heavy. I would have opted to put the diaper bag in the tray underneath but I tend to pack on the heavy side and it wouldn't fit. The jogger is also much heavier and more difficult to get in and out of the trunk. The parent tray popped off twice when I was folding and unfolding - not sure what the dilly is there. And I pinched my finger big time in one of the folding joints; gotta watch where your fingers are!

I am still very happy with the Jogger - hands down. It's definitely worth it and it'll get a lot of use. But, I think I will stick with the Chicco for shopping expeditions and quick stops. Afterall, it's called a 'jogger' for a reason.

No comments: