Friday, September 19, 2008

First Tooth!

Charlotte has her FIRST TOOTH!!! Can't believe it...

First, you have to understand, Charlotte is the most pleasant baby when she wakes in the morning. All smiles, giggles, sweet chitter-chatter and just so genuinely happy to see someone peer over her crib rail.

Yesterday morning was the exact opposite so we knew something was up. Coupled with a slight fever we just thought she was catching a bug. I called Vesa and asked if we could still bring her in and she said no problem; she would keep a close eye on her and if she got worse we could go and pick her up.

Didn't receive any 'pick-up' phones calls so I called over lunch. Vesa said, "She is absolutely perfect. She has a tooth!" I was in awe and cried. I know, ridiculous. But, in my offense, that is some MAJOR growing up. I called and shared the news with Stevens and he was equally surprised. It was really hard to stay at the office all freaking day long - I just wanted to go scoop her up and check out the 'newness'.

After a super loooooooong day I finally got to my little lady and, sure enough, there was a tooth. You can barely see it but you can surely feel it. It's like a little razor. We're guessing it was pushing through the skin yesterday morning a.k.a., the 'crankiness'. She let me touch it once and that was it. Daddy got to feel it too, just once as well. It must be so tender and sore - she purses her lips so tight and now won't let us back in. Poor thing. I'll post pics once I get 'em - this one is gonna be tough.

2 comments:

Ciara and Adrian said...

Now she is one step closer to having steak with those Baked Potatoes! - Auntie Ciara

Ciara and Adrian said...

Now she is one step closer to having steak with those Baked Potatoes - Auntie Ciara