Friday, November 2, 2007

Doc Update

Just wanted to let everyone know that our doctor's appointment went just fine! I am measuring 32cm - right on for 32 weeks! (you should measure roughly the same in centimeters as you are in weeks, just in case you didn't know). I have gained a total of 27 pounds, and Charlotte's heartbeat was in the 130s. The doc also mentioned that her head is in the right spot - head down and ready to go! Let's just hope she doesn't get any funny ideas and flip around!

I also asked the doc about a Christmas delivery to make sure nothing hinky was going to happen. But, she assured me that someone from the practice WILL be there and that there isn't anything to worry about. In fact, the doc I saw today is the one on-call Christmas day - what a saint! I only need to meet with one other doctor before I get to return to my regular OB.

Then came the question - what if the 25th comes and goes and our little lady still hasn't made an appearance? Well, they will only let me go to 41 weeks and then induce. So, if by chance she likes it just fine where she is right now and doesn't want to join us for Christmas, we'll be induced the first week in January. Yowza!

BTW, we'll be having doc check-ups every two weeks now (as opposed to every 4 weeks)...so you can expect more updates! Then, after our 36 week check-up we'll start seeing the doc once a week.

No comments: