Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First Word

Can't believe it (same thing I always say) but, Charlotte is saying her first word! Know what it is? It's 'uh oh'. Seriously, uh oh. It's really funny. She uses it in context too! If you say it, she says it. I did try to get her to say for Vesa this morning and she was suddenly shy. Silly little lady.

You know what's really funny? I went psycho mama this morning. I was driving to work and talking to my mom (via ear piece of course, both hands on the wheel) and told her the fabulous news when suddenly it occurred to me - what if 'uh oh' isn't really a word and we are just thinking that it is? My mind started to go crazy. I got to work, ran to my computer, and was immediately satisfied to know that dictionary.com DOES indeed recognize 'uh oh' as a word. Whew.

Da Da is not far behind. Actually, she says it all the time but has no clue what it means. It's her babble-speak.

No comments: