Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pumping, Or Lack There Of

So, over the holiday weekend, I decided to wean myself from the pump completely. I started Thursday with one pump and made it to Saturday when I had to relieve the pressure and pain. I haven't pumped since. I'm still having SOME pain but, it is finally starting to subside. Advil, cabbage leaves, and warm water soaks have really helped.

Charlotte will still have enough BM to get her through to 7 months - lots in the freezer. My boobs feel like bags of marbles as everything dries up. I'm sure that will go away with time. I still have lots of mixed emotions and don't want to elaborate for fear of breaking down and crying at my desk (at work). Pumping is no more. It's over. It's a very sad time for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's been hard on you but remember what an excellent start you gave her! When she's a little older, she won't remember any of this and will love you just the same! Sorry you're still having soreness; maybe a week at the beach will help! :-)

Anonymous said...

where is the next update? Beach pictures? C'mon!