Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First Bottle Of Formula

It's official. We are starting the wean from breast to bottle! It is tougher than what I thought it would be - emotionally, I mean. Breastfeeding is biggest and best job I've ever had. And part of me feels I am saying good-bye to a little part of her life. I never thought I would feel this way so soon! The pains of 'growing up' for Mommy. This is just a first of the many milestones that we will come to! I've gotta get used to it!

Anyhow, enough of the, 'oh whoa is me', spiel...a combination of having 4 bottles a day at daycare, fussing and pushing the breast away and the intro of solids - Charlotte sure is ready.

So far she has taken to formula just fine! Seems to be no different than drinking bmilk for her. We've started with just one formula bottle a day and are about to switch to 2 formula bottles a day! She is such a trooper. Once she is completely on formula I will start the weaning process from pumping. Woot! I won't miss that one bit!

No comments: